Southern Utah has incredible landscapes that are impossible to describe. You have to see them for yourself. The red rock’s forms give Southern Utah magical scenery, you won’t want to miss.
Best Places To See In Southern Utah
In case you have already visited the most popular places like Zion National Park, Park City, Ogden, etc. The Southern has more landscapes that you have to see, that’s why we have another 5 of the best places to see in Southern Utah. Pack your things and find them with us!
1.Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park
This State Park should be a must for all ATV fans, the Coral Pink Sand Dunes is an area of unique soft and pink dunes. The dunes were formed by the continual erosion of the nearby Navajo sandstone cliffs giving the place a very scenic place to visit.
- It’s open all year round.
- The best times to visit are Springs, Summer and Fall.
- The elevation is 6,000 feet.
- Fees: $10 Day Use & $5 Senior Day Use.
2.Santa Clara Volcano
Volcanoes in Southern Utah? Yes! But don’t worry no volcano will erupt again. Located in St George Utah, many years ago the Santa Clara lava flow originated two youthful-looking cinder cones above Snow Canyon. The most prominent features here are the two cinder cones.
- The Cinder Cone Trail is the most popular hike to try.
- The last time it erupted was 30 million years ago.
- Open all year round.
3.Valley Of The Gods
The Valley of the Gods is an area filled with buttes and tall rock formations that shows one of the most beautiful scenic drives in the country that not many people know. If you want to get away from crowded places, grab your car and enjoy this beautiful scenic valley.
- It’s a 30miute drive from Monument Valley.
- It’s a dirt road but well maintained.
- The rock formation is approximately 250 million years old.
- No fees to the entrance.
4.House of Fire
Located in Mule Canyon, this ruined area will blow your mind! It’s really easy to access with a length of 3 miles round trip. You won’t find any place like House of Fire in any part of Southern Utah. Don’t leave without visiting the Cave Tower, one of the most popular attractions here.
- You need to require a pass for a hiking day.
- You need permission if you plan to stay overnight.
- Spring, early Summer and Fall are the best times to visit.
5.Red Hills Desert Garden
A family trip to a botanic garden is a great idea to learn more about the Southern Utah flowers and shrubs. You won’t need a guide because every plant has a description and in case you want to find more information, you can use your phone to scan the QR code in the description. The Red Hills Desert Garden is a great place for families and kids.
- Admission is free.
- There is a small aquarium you can visit.
- Open from 6:00am to 10:00pm.
- Is Utah’s first desert conservation garden.
With these new options, now you can add them to your best places to see in the Southern Utah list. Holiday vacations are around the corner, surprise your family with a trip to Utah!
Estancia Resort has different vacation rentals in Utah for small and big groups, it’s located at 1111 S Plantations Drive St George, UT. Contact us if you need a place to stay!